Use of the Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit
Thank you for considering our beautiful basilica for your special event. The Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit is an historic space with soaring ceilings, exquisite stained glass and ample room for guests.
The Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit is available for guests interested in using the space for musical concerts and other artistic purposes.
The basilica holds approximately 1,000 people. Bathrooms are located near the front doors, at the side of the vestibule. Ramps for those in wheelchairs, strollers, etc. are located at the side entrances. There is no air-conditioning in the building, but large fans are available for use in the summer months. Parking is available in the lots around the building, as well as on the street. We do not have a security guard on duty. Guests who park their cars are encouraged to follow standard safety precautions by locking doors and leaving valuables out of sight.
A microphone system is available, with speakers throughout the basilica. The basilica features both a historic organ and a piano for worship or performance. Guests are allowed to take photographs of the building for personal use only, provided they pay proper respect to the space.
The Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit is open for rental events during the following hours.
- Monday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Basilica Rental Procedure
1. Call the parish at 313-496-1701 to discuss date availability.
2. Fill out Basilica Rental Request Form and submit a signed and dated copy to the parish office via hand delivery, mail or email.
3. Documentation will be reviewed by the parish.
4. The parish will notify you within 5-10 business days if your event has been approved.
5. Fifty percent of a nonrefundable deposit is due within 10 days of event approval to secure your date.
Events can be scheduled up to a year in advance.
A fee of $200 per hour assists in the upkeep of the basilica, the use of the facilities, and necessary processing. There is an additional $100 fee for insurance per event. Time spent for set-up and tear-down must also be included in the rental fee. Art featured at the Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit must be either sacred or culturally significant; no profanity or messages contrary to Catholic teaching are allowed. Merchandise sales are permitted in the back of the church for the profit of the group. If a free will offering is collected or tickets are sold, proceeds belong to the group.
Code of Conduct
- The Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit is Catholic and adheres to the teachings of the Catholic faith. Activities or messages contrary to the teachings of the Catholic faith are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Offensive language and behavior are prohibited.
- Set-up and take-down must be handled by the group.
- No decorations that are taped, stapled, glued, pinned, nailed or similarly fastened are allowed.
- Groups are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. Facilities and equipment must be left in excellent condition. Leaflets and programs must be removed. All trash must be placed in appropriate containers.
- The Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit assumes no responsibility for items, equipment or decorations left at the facility.
- All local fire and safety regulations and state law relating thereto shall be followed.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Consumption of food or drinks in the church is not permitted. Food may be consumed in the plaza, at a local restaurant, or in our parish hall for an additional fee.