Updated May 20, 2021
Dear Parishioners and Friends,
Welcome to the Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit! We have many activities at our vibrant parish! More information can found throughout this website.
Public Masses continue to take place at the basilica! Please join us! Our Masses are also live-streamed if you are unable to attend in person. Please read the bullets below for important information about Mass at the basilica. We continue to follow all of the guidelines from the Archdiocese of Detroit.
Mass will be at 10:00 a.m. in Spanish and 12:00 p.m. in English on Sundays. There will be no 8:30 Mass at this time.
- Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear masks inside the basilica. Everyone who is not vaccinated must wear a mask to enter the basilica.
- The Archdiocese of Detroit is no longer mandating that we cap attendance.
- To accommodate as many people safely as possible, we ask that those attending Mass alone or with just one other person use the smaller side pews so the longer pews in the center can be used for larger families.
- We offer reserved seating at Sunday Mass for senior citizens at the front of the church near the Shrine of Ste. Anne and the Our Lady of Guadalupe altar.
There is hand sanitizer available.
The Eucharist will be distributed according to diocesan guidelines that ensure safety. The priest will provide additional directions during Mass.
- All weekday Masses are held in-person only and are not recorded or live-streamed.
- The parish office is open, but visitors must have an appointment. Please call 313-496-1701 to make an appointment.
- More information about parish operations follow.
Yours in Christ,
Msgr. Chuck Kosanke
Light a Candle
Many people have asked if they can have a candle lit in the church for their special intentions. We are happy to announce that the answer is yes! Please use this form to purchase your candle. Our staff will place your candle in the church, light it for you, pray for you and email you a photo.
At this time, the parish office is open, but visitors must have an appointment. Please call 313-496-1701 to make an appointment.
Our food pantry will continue to operate on Wednesdays from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Donations can be dropped off on Wednesday mornings only. Click here for a list of needed items. Click here to make a monetary donation.
We encourage all parish groups to consider communicating via email and other electronic means rather than meeting in person. Please contact the parish office for further guidance.
Please remember that the weekly offertory is an essential part of paying our bills. If you are not able to attend Sunday Mass, you still have the option to mail in your donation to the parish office or to donate online. Thank you!
Cleaning of Facilities
The parish office, rectory, church and chapel will be cleaned regularly per CDC guidelines.